Saturday, May 25, 2013

Emery's nursery

As you will see in the pics below, there are a few sentimental/handmade items in Emery's nursery that I am so thankful we were able to use.

 Instead of buying new furniture, we used most of Owen's:
 I painted the old sewing machine drawer to the right of the changing pad:
 my grandmother made this little cross:
 pics of me and Pat:

 her closet is packed!

curtains that were used by Pat's mom and grandmother:
 Owen's crib bumper:
 the crib skirt is actually a valance that matches the curtains:


 this mobile was the first thing I made for the nursery:
I also made the flower vase and framed "E" out of buttons.  My great-grandmother gave me the porcelain doll when I was a little girl:
 every little girl needs a tea set!
 the little table is the only piece of new furniture:

 my old bunny sits on the shelf:
 Pat's uncle made the carousel horse years ago: 
 remember the black bookcase I painted white...it used to belong to Owen's uncle, Paul:
the baskets are filled with toys and books from Owen: 

There you have it :)

For those of you interested, here are pics from Owen's nursery.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love her nursery!! I have the same little magazine table that I plan on painting for our baby's nursery. Just waitin' on that ultrasound:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!!! Can't wait to meet sweet EJ!

    ReplyDelete